Disaster Planning Simulation Suite
The USACE Simulation Suite, or SimSuite, is a collection of simulation and modeling applications built for the readiness community that allow for comprehensive disaster planning, response and preparedness. These GIS-based applications incorporate modeling functions and principles to spatially analyze predictive information. The development of simulation and modeling tools for emergency management provides a technological capability that enables readiness in several important ways. It creates a platform for model visualization and powerfully illustrates predictive information that incorporates the most scientifically valid and current modeling methodology. It creates instructional tools with unlimited outcomes based upon selected scenario parameters and provides a basis for planning.
- Establish GIS services to deliver predictive scenarios that can be accessed via the Web
- Develop a dynamic rich Internet application that can leverage the Server resources to display and analyze the data
- ArcGIS Server/SDE 10 – GIS server with spatial analysis and querying capabilities
- Adobe Flex – Framework allows for rapid development of GUI’s as well as deploying to Flash Player, a cross-platform browser-based application runtime
- ArcGIS API for Flex 2.2 – API that complements ArcGIS Server taking advantage of the ability to display data, execute interactive queries, edit via the Web, extract data, geocode, and print within the Adobe Flex environment
- ArcGIS Viewer for Flex – Highly customizable GIS Web client mapping application. The functionality in the Viewer can be infinitely extended via the widget programming model, allowing detailed customization given scenario requirements